Google News & Training
If you haven’t heard yet, Wilkes will be transitioning all campus email to Google Mail (Gmail) this summer.
Opt-In Date: July 23rd
What do I need to do?
- Alumni and students should start logging in to the new Google system on the above date. The new system will be located at: http://www.wilkes.edu/google
- Email sent to your Wilkes address after the above date will also appear in your Google Mailbox. This is where you should check your Wilkes email from this point forward.
- You will retain access to the old Outlook email system through the fall semester. You have until then to forward any messages that you want to keep. (Simply forward the messages to your own Wilkes email address and they will show up in Google.) Email will not be automatically migrated for alumni and students.
- Additional information will be
provided to Faculty and Staff at a later date.
What does this mean for you?
- An increase in mailbox size from 100 MB to 25 GB.
- Access to multiple Google services like Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and many more.
- Better access off campus and from mobile devices.
- Increased service continuity in the event of a campus outage.
For questions about the transition or your new Google email, please contact the Help Desk (570-408-4357).
Wilkes IT Services
215 South Franklin Street
Max Roth Center, 3rd floor